Tough times for ‘Shanghai’ and ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’
Mumbai: The much-awaited political thriller by Dibakar Banerjee, ‘Shanghai’, is already creating high waves in the country. What with Kalki Koechlin’s smooch with a double-her-age Prosenjit, or the gripping trailers, ‘Shanghai’ sure looks an intriguing film. And the latest in the fray are threats from a group called Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena.
Lyrics of the song ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’ from the film have irked the group, and they have openly threatened Banerjee and his film. A tweet from Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena reads: “We are giving open warning to Shanghai Directer to remove Bharat Mata Ki Jai song from the movie. Otherwise movie will be banned... We strongly condemn the lines Bharat Mata ki jai Sone ki Chidiya, Dengu, Maleria gud hai, Gobar hai Bharat Mata Ki jai (sic).”
‘Shanghai’ revolves around the greed and corruption of politicians, and boasts of an ensemble cast consisting of Kalki Koechlin, Abhay Deol, Emraan Hashmi and Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das all set to make film on the life of famous writer 'Saadat Hasan Manto'!
- B-town lauds Sonam Kapoor starrer 'Neerja'!
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Hannibal Buress joins 'Baywatch' movie cast!