‘Unfair practices’ in industry make ‘Son of Sardaar’ team anxious
Mumbai: Producer-actor Ajay Devgn had recently slapped a legal notice on Yash Raj Films (YRF) for exercising their influential status in the market. ‘Son of Sardaar’ starring Ajay, Sonakshi Sinha, Sanjay Dutt, Juhi Chawla and Salman Khan (in guest appearance) is all set to hit the silver screen this Diwali on November 13 along with Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’.
However, the cast and crew of SOS is not much excited over the scheduled release of their film, as director Ashwani Dhir and producer Ajay Devgn are busy seeking legal consultations on their future strategy.
Talking to a tabloid of a reputed publication, a source said, “This was supposed to be the biggest moment in his (Ashwani Dhir) career but all he is doing is reading about court cases, theatre count, unfair practices and some ugly to and fro comments. He would have preferred to revel in the release of his biggest film, but instead, he is seeing an anxious run-up that has nothing to do with the content that he has put together.”
Despite their legal tussle with the YRF, Dhir said, “I know we have a good film in hand, but I am unable to feel the high due to the whole mahaaul. It is unnecessary pressure. But having said that, I will stand by Ajay in whatever decision he takes.”
Devgn’s lawyer had served a notice in the Competition Commission to the reputed banner (earlier headed by the late Yash Chopra) for allegedly using their influential position in the showbiz market and preventing other films to release on November 13 (Diwali) when Shah Rukh Khan starrer ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ is scheduled to hit the silverscreen.
A leading daily had reported, “ADF was forced to take legal recourse because of monopolistic practices of YRF. Before the release of ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, in August 2012, YRF had reportedly used their dominant position in the market to enter into an arrangement with the exhibitors saying that they will give them ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ only if the exhibitors agreed to reportedly give their Diwali release prominence over others.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Really? Taapsee Pannu got flak for her fashion sense initially
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'All My Life' creator Agnes Nixon dies at 93
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop
- I play better cricket post 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dwayne Johnson welcomes Nick Jonas to 'Jumanji' family!