Vidya Balan as MS Subbulakshmi: Aishwarya Rai does a ‘Heroine’ again?
Delhi: Back when Aishwarya Rai opted out of Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Heroine’, it was Kareena Kapoor who gained the most in the process. The film turned out to be Bebo’s most ambitious project till date, and film- and critic-dom were all praises for her acting skills in ‘Heroine’. Reports suggest that this time around too, Aishwarya Rai might have done something similar – with Southern director Rajiv Menon’s film.
As per sources, Rajeev Menon’s film – a biopic on the legendary Carnatic singer MS Subbulakshmi – was first offered to Aishwarya. The latter, meanwhile, apparently didn’t seem much interested in the project and didn’t get back to Menon’s team.
Rai’s loss, this time, is Vidya Balan’s gain. Once Ash chose not to revert to Rajiv Menon, the director reportedly roped Balan in to play the lead in the film. Let’s see if this one too goes the ‘Heroine’ way!
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Christmas 2015 special: How to take successful family photos
- Top models who grabbed the headlines in 2015
- Five wacky beauty trends that went viral in 2015
- The 'Angelina effect' has doubled preventative mastectomy numbers in the UK
- Bigg Boss 9: Keith Sequeira back in house, Varun-Kriti set ‘BB’ stage on fire!