Vidya Balan doesn`t regret doing `Ghanchakkar`
Mumbai: Actress Vidya Balan says she was disheartened with the failure of her last film `Ghanchakkar`, but dose not regret being a part of it.
The Rajkumar Gupta directed comedy had Emraan Hashmi playing an ex-conman and Vidya played his Punjabi housewife.
There were lot of expectations from the film but it did not do well.
"I did have expectations from this film as well like any other film. When we work on a film, we hope people will like the film. I felt sad when people did not like the film. I think you look at the larger perspective that we tried doing something new, but people did not like it and it is fine," Vidya said.
The actress feels she can`t objectively look and say which portion of the film people did not like.
"May be after a year or so when I see the film I will be able to say why people did not like the film," she said.
Some people were of the view that Vidya should not have done the film but she does not feel so.
"I don`t regret doing the film at all. It was a different experience for me. As an actor it was something different that I tried doing. I had never played a character who is obnoxiously loud...It presented me a new opportunity," she said.
"It was a comedy but of a different kind. I am too selfish to listen to what others think or expect from me. I only focus on what I want to do... It may sound bad," she said.
The film was released in June last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Ashish Juneja to enter 'Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar'
- `New Girl` actor Max Greenfield roped in for `American Horror Story: Hotel`
- 'American Idol' Carrie Underwood thanks show for stardom
- Indian-American first vegetarian contestant on 'MasterChef US'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in