Vidya Balan had asked Satyajit Ray to cast her
Kolkata: Desperate to act in films since her childhood days, Bollywood star Vidya Balan had once written to legendary filmmaker Satyajit Ray requesting him for a role.
"He was not keeping well then. I wrote to him saying please get well soon and I would love to work with you in your film," the actor told musician Anjan Dutta at an adda session here last night organised by the Bengal Chamber of Commerce.
Ray, who was awarded the Oscar lifetime achievement award, died in 1992.
Vidya, 35, who made her mark with a series of hits like `The Dirty Picture` and `Kahaani`, was a student then with dreams of making it big in the showbiz business.
"Ever since I was in school I wanted to be an actress because I want to be in other people`s shoes. I empathise a lot with people," she said.
As a young girl, she recalled being fascinated by Madhuri Dixit`s superhit dance number `ek do teen` and Shabana Azmi`s moving performance in the iconic film `Arth` (1982).
"Not only me but every girl in India that time wanted to be Madhuri," Vidya said adding another inspiration for her to become an actor was Shabana. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!