Vidya Balan to promote `Ghanchakkar` through kitty parties
Mumbai:Bollywood actress Vidya Balan will host kitty parties as a promotional activity for her forthcoming film "Ghanchakkar".
Vidya will host at least three such kitty parties in cities like Chandigarh, Delhi and Lucknow.
Director Rajkumar Gupta says the idea for such an activity emerged after he overheard a conversation between a few ladies sitting in a kitty party.
"We came up with the idea when Vidya and I overheard a conversation that a bunch of women were having during a kitty party. They were discussing their marriage, how lazy their partners could be and they were sometimes forgetful also.
"We immediately knew that we wanted to throw these parties and talk to the women about their lazy lads," Gupta said in a statement.
In "Ghanchakkar", Vidya plays a loud Punjabi housewife. The movie releases June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Dia Mirza a part of Rajkumar Hirani's Sanjay Dutt biopic?
- Aamir Khan ‘Dangal’ inching closer to Rs 375 crores collections!