Vidya Balan to promote `Ghanchakkar` through kitty parties
Mumbai:Bollywood actress Vidya Balan will host kitty parties as a promotional activity for her forthcoming film "Ghanchakkar".
Vidya will host at least three such kitty parties in cities like Chandigarh, Delhi and Lucknow.
Director Rajkumar Gupta says the idea for such an activity emerged after he overheard a conversation between a few ladies sitting in a kitty party.
"We came up with the idea when Vidya and I overheard a conversation that a bunch of women were having during a kitty party. They were discussing their marriage, how lazy their partners could be and they were sometimes forgetful also.
"We immediately knew that we wanted to throw these parties and talk to the women about their lazy lads," Gupta said in a statement.
In "Ghanchakkar", Vidya plays a loud Punjabi housewife. The movie releases June 28.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lady Gaga turns editor for magazine
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh