Vidya Balan was Vivek Agnihotri`s first choice for women empowerment film
Mumbai: Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri, who is all set to make a film on women`s empowerment for T Series, was keen to sign Vidya Balan for the lead role.
"My first choice for the film was Vidya Balan. But had Vidya not done `Kahaani` before, and then she would have done this film. But I would certainly come with a script in future which would justify her," Agnihotri, who directed films like ‘Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal’, said.
"Now we have approached some other actresses...Lets see how things fall in place," he added.
Talking about his film, Agnihotri said: "The film is about women in today`s society and the system that doesn`t support them. It`s a suspense thriller."
Will he cast his wife Pallavi Joshi in the film?
"Pallavi is doing a film with me `Buddha in a Traffic Jam`. But she will not be in this film," he clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan reunite for her directorial debut
- Harshvardhan Kapoor in Motwane's 'Bhavesh Joshi'
- 'Baar Baar Dekho': Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma' breaks all records, rejoices 4.3 million views in 1 day!
- My brother, father completely different as filmmakers: Varun Dhawan
- TIFF 2016 releases its impressive schedule