‘Vishwaroopam’: Ban on film lifted, TN govt challenges HC order
Chennai: The Madras High court lifted the ban imposed on Kamal Haasan’s spy-thriller ‘Vishwaroopam’ in the state Tuesday night.
But the Tamil Nadu government is not happy with the High Court’s verdict and will challenge the case before the first bench at 10.30 Wednesday morning, a news channel said.
After a day-long hearing, Justice K Venkataraman passed the orders, paving the way for the screening of the movie reportedly made with a budget of nearly Rs 100 crore amid indications that the state government may prefer an appeal.
The High Court said that the ban on the film itself was unjustified and illegitimate as the orders were not served in the court.
A ban on the film was imposed following agitations from certain sections of the society who believed that the film portrayed Muslims in bad light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unveiled! First poster of Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'TE3N'
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- Horror films genre is still niche: Sharman Joshi
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Tiger-Shraddha's 'Baaghi' mints Rs 11.87 crore on opening day!