Vivek Agnihotri`s social satire to go on floors next year
Mumbai: After thrillers and sports drama, Vivek Agnihotri is set to try his hand at social satire with ‘Awwal’, which, according to the director, will go on floors by next year.
The director of crime thriller ‘Chocolate’, sport-based drama ‘Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal’ and erotic thriller ‘Hate Story’, says that in the next two or three weeks the final draft of the film will be ready.
"The film is a social comedy with a backdrop in it. It`s not like `Housefull` or `Golmaal`. It has a social backdrop attached to the film. I am a rooted person, `Awwal` is a social satire," Agnihotri said.
He added: "Once the draft is ready, I will finalise the cast and most probably the film will go on floors by early next year."
Meanwhile, the director, who also wielded megaphone for Anupam Kher starrer ‘Buddha In A Traffic Jam’, is excited about his latest project ‘Freedom’ and said: "Right now `Freedom` is in its editing stage and the film is very special and very close to my heart. `Freedom` will release by next year."
Image courtesy: @vivekagnihotri
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!