‘War Chhod Na Yaar’ one of the best films of my career: Jaaved Jafferi
Mumbai: Actor Javead Jafferi calls his film ‘War Chhod Na Yaar’, which releases Friday, one of the five best films in his career of 28 years.
"I am happy and very excited. In my career of 28 years, this is one of my top 5 films ever. The way this film has been written and presented, it is a beautiful film and I am proud to be a part of it," the 52-year-old said here Thursday at the premiere of the country`s first war comedy.
Jaaved started his career in 1985 with ‘Meri Jung’ and featured in films like ‘100 Days’, ‘Fire’, ‘Earth’, ‘Jajantaram Mamantaram’, ‘Dhamaal’, ‘Salaam Namaste’ and ‘Singh Is Kinng’ among others.
‘War Chhod Na Yaar’ is India`s first war comedy but Jaaved is confident that the audience will lap it up.
"The audience has changed and now they are open to accepting a different film, if it is good. Be it drama, suspense, thriller, and romance, if the entertainment quotient is right, the film will work," Jaaved said.
"Like `Vicky Donor` was a new theme, `Kahaani` was a suspense thriller and worked, also `Kai Po Che` worked. So similarly `War Chhod Na Yaar` has a message, it makes you laugh but also leaves you thinking," he added.
Directed by debutant Faraz Haider, ‘War Chhod Na Yaar’ also stars Sharman Joshi and Soha Ali Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!