Watch Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Happy New Year` trailer on Whatsapp
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The makers of ‘Happy New Year’ have adopted an unusual way to reach out to a bigger audience. Red Chillies Entertainments Pvt Ltd is known for its digital and marketing innovations and this time as well they have come up with a unique concept for the mobile phone and tablet users for their Diwali release, ‘Happy New Year’.
For the first time an Indian film will send its trailer via WhatsApp to the users of the application. Simply give a missed call or drop in a WhatsApp message at +91 9819020202 to get the HNY Trailer on your mobile. If this is not enough then, the restriction by WhatsApp on a broadcast message has specially been removed for this campaign.
The trailer of the Farah Khan directed film starring Deepika Padukone, Shah Rukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Boman Irani and Vivaan Shah will be launched on 14th August. What more can film buffs expect from the makers of the film! They all are getting an opportunity to watch the trailer of one of the biggest bonanza films on their phones.
Venky Mysore, CEO of RCE, said, “As a company there is a special focus on constantly improving fan experience through innovation. Whether it was the first look of the movie at the beginning of the year through one of the biggest Twitter innovations with fans receiving customized posters from their favourite artists, which received close to a Billion impressions as a campaign, or the new innovations with WhatsApp & Twitter for the upcoming movie – ‘Happy New Year’, our endeavor is to delight the fans. With over 50 million active users on WhatsApp in India who every day share millions of videos & images with individual friends & groups it was an obvious choice to use WhatsApp as a platform. The only challenge was the restriction by WhatsApp where a broadcast message cannot be sent to more than 250 friends/WhatsApp users but WhatsApp has specially removed this restriction for this campaign.”
Happy New Year is a rollicking, flamboyant, colourful, witty, action-packed musical bonanza. The film is produced by Red Chillies Entertainments Pvt Ltd and distributed by Yash Raj Films worldwide. The mega film will release this Diwali in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu languages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan has something to say to Ajay Devgn and Karan Johar
- Diwali Lakshmi Pujan 2016: Timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Naraka Chaturdashi 2016: Choti Diwali Abhyang Snan timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie review: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma starrer celebrates undying spirit of friendship
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say