WATCH: Trailer of Kiran Rao’s award winning venture ‘Ship of Theseus’
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Produced by Kiran Rao and directed by Anand Gandhi, ‘Ship Of Theseus’ is a film that explores questions of identity, justice, beauty, meaning and death. There are three main protagonists in the film – an experimental photographer, an ailing monk and a young stockbroker - whose stories the film narrates.
The trailer shows a young blind girl, who took photography as a profession after getting amused by the perfumer in Suskind’s novel. Also, there is a monk, who has been a closer drinker all along but abstains from medication to cure himself of his ailment. Why? Because he firmly believes that behind every medicine is an innocent animal’s life. And then there is a man, whose is carrying stolen kidneys in his body.
Sounds intriguing? Well, at least the West has lapped up this film very earnestly and the number of accolades this film has bagged before its India release aptly proves that.
The film will be released by UTV Motion Pictures in cinemas across India July 19, 2013. But till then, have a look at the trailer here:
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays