We make lovable negative characters: Abbas-Mustan
Mumbai: Abbas Burmawalla of the famous director duo Abbas-Mustan says they make lovable negative characters.
"The negative characters in our films are very lovable. It`s not like the character is negative and so people will start hating them," Abbas said here Friday at a press conference of the film ‘Race 2’.
"In our films, people like negative character and we are sure that people will like John (Abraham) in this film (`Race 2`). Not only John, all the six characters are in grey shades, and we hope people will love them all," he added.
Some memorable performances of actors in negative roles in their films include Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Baazigar’, Akshay Kumar in ‘Ajnabee’ and Priyanka Chopra in ‘Aitraaz’.
While both Priyanka and Akshay won the Filmfare award for best actor in a negative role for their performances, Shah Rukh was named best actor.
‘Race 2’ is a sequel to Abbas-Mustan`s 2008 hit ‘Race’, which features Anil Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Ameesha Patel, Deepika Padukone and Jacqueline Fernandez, apart from John. It is slated to release Jan 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight on flight: Did Kapil Sharma slap, hit Sunil Grover with a shoe?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!