We were reluctant to release `ABCD` with Akshay`s film: Prabhu
New Delhi: Prabhudeva, who is pitted against Akshay Kumar this Friday, says he was reluctant to release the 3D dance movie `ABCD` with Bollywood superstar`s `Special 26`.
The dancing superstar directed Akshay in Bollywood blockbuster `Rowdy Rathore` last year before starring in Remo D`Souza directed movie.
"We were reluctant to release our film this Friday. We had planned to release it on February 1 but since it is 3D movie so there were some technical glitches and it got delayed by a week," Prabhu told reporters.
`ABCD-Anybody Can Dance` is a dream project of choreographer and director Remo. Apart from Prabhu, the film stars Ganesh Acharya and `Dance India Dance` contestants -- Salman Yusuff Khan, Dharmesh Yelande and Puneet Pathak.
The `Muqabla` star`s last directorial effort earned more than 100 crores but Prabhu is not worried about box office collection of `ABCD`.
"When I make a movie as a director, I don`t go into the money part. I did not think about box office results while making `Wanted` and `Rowdy Rathore` or during the `ABCD because it hampers your creativity," he said.
Prabhu signed the movie without even reading the entire script as he knows Remo personally.
"I used to tell him (Remo) `you are a better director than a choreographer`."
The star, who is often called the `Michael Jackson of India`, rues the fact that dance movies are disappearing from Bollywood.
"`ABCD` will promote dance culture in Indian cinema. We have worked very hard and spend a lot of money on it. It is not just a dance film but also an emotional story," he said.
Prabhu, who has been working for more than two decades, is going to release his first video album in Tamil this year.
When asked about his favourite actors in Bollywood, Prabhu said, "First is Madhuri Dixit. She is too good, that`s why she is Madhuri. Hrithik is also very good. He catches dance steps very easily."
Prabhu had danced with Madhuri on the famous number `Que Sera Sera` from `Pukaar`.
He will next choreograph Shahid Kapoor in `Remo Rajkumar`. "Its shooting will start from March this year."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of a crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look