When John Abraham felt he can`t play Manya Surve
Mumbai: Actor-producer John Abraham initially doubted his ability to portray gangster Manya Surve in ‘Shootout At Wadala’.
"When I first read the script, I said it`s not possible for me to do the film. The image that people had about John Abraham, John also had the same perception about himself. So I said John Abraham cannot play Manya Surve," the 40-year-old said here in an interview.
However, later he took it up as a challenge.
"I was very worried, scared, stressed but I said it was a make-or-break situation for me in my life. If I can play Manya Surve, I will change my image as an actor and I decided to do it. I decided to take up this role and I did it," said the actor seen in films like ‘Dhoom’, ‘Water’ and ‘Force’.
Directed by Sanjay Gupta, ‘Shootout at Wadala’ also stars Anil Kapoor, Sonu Sood, Manoj Bajpayee, Kangna Ranaut, Mahesh Manjrekar. It hits theatres May 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!