Why does Irrfan Khan want to play Bhupen Hazarika?
Mumbai: Versatile actor Irrfan Khan says although he has not been offered the lead role in a biopic on Bhupen Hazarika, he would love to essay the legendary musician on screen.
"I was not offered the role, but if they (the makers) offer it to me, I would love to play it. It's a very exciting character and I want to do a film on music... and nothing better than (a film on) Bhupen Hazarika's life," Irrfan said.
'Dhumuha: The Storm' is the title of the biopic which is being produced by Pooja Bhatt. It is jointly written by Kalpana Lajmi and Pooja's father Mahesh Bhatt. Lajmi, who shared a passionate 40-year relationship with Hazarika, will direct the project.
Irrfan says he will be happy to work with Pooja.
"Whenever she offers me this role, I would jump on to it. However, the role has not been offered to me yet," he added.
Hazarika was a poet, music composer, singer, actor, journalist, author and filmmaker. He pioneered Assam's film industry and has been hailed as the uncrowned king of the northeast's cultural world.
Hazarika died in 2011, aged 85.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's 'Tiger Zinda Hai' costumes REVEALED?
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Jolly LL.B 2’: Film inching closer to Rs 100 crore mark!