Why `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` is more than a regular rom-com?
Mumbai: ‘Gori Tere Pyaar Mein’, which features Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor in a story of a man who travels to a village from the city to win his love, offers a "deeper meaning" than a regular Bollywood romantic comedy, says its director Punit Malhotra.
"I hope `Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` is not perceived as a rom-com because there is a deeper meaning in the second half," Punit said here.
In fact, the film`s composer Vishal Dadlani, believes the movie can redefine the way Hindi rom-coms are seen in the country.
"The film never becomes heavy and the things that need to be told, have been told beautifully and it is still a fun and entertaining film. According to me, this film can redefine the way rom-coms are thought of in this country," Vishal said here at a radio station Wednesday.
He said the film has an underlying message for the youth but it gives it out in a non-preachy manner.
"`Gori Tere Pyaar Mein` is a film that starts as a rom-com, there is a romantic story, but it is not just a rom-com. It is more than that. When you see the film you will see the message, which according to me, without being preachy, tells the youth how to relate with your country. It has been shown beautifully," Dadlani said.
A Dharma Productions film, ‘Gori Tere Pyaar Mein’ will release Nov 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!