Why is director Hari looking forward to `Policegiri`?
Chennai: Director Hari Gopalakrishnan is looking forward to Sanjay Dutt-starrer Bollywood film ‘Policegiri’, which is the remake of his own ‘Saamy’.
‘Policegiri’, directed by K.S Ravikumar also features Prachi Desai, Prakash Raj, Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav, Manoj Joshi and Mukesh Tiwari. It is also releasing worldwide on Friday, the same day as Hari`s Tamil action-drama ‘Singam 2’, which is releasing Friday.
"I loved the trailer of `Policegiri`, and I want to see the film whenever I find time. I know Ravikumar sir would`ve done complete justice to the film. I`m eagerly waiting for `Singam 2` to release and see how it will be received," Hari told reporters.
Hari says he never expected ‘Saamy’ would be remade in Bollywood.
"I didn`t expect that it will ever be remade in Hindi. I just made it and it turned out to be successful. The Telugu remake version was highly successful and I`m sure it will be bigger hit in Hindi as well," he said.
The Telugu version of ‘Saamy’ was titled ‘Lakshmi Narasimha’ featuring Nandamuri Balakrishna.
Hari`s ‘Singam 2’, featuring Suriya Sivakumar, Anushka Shetty and Hansika Motwani is the sequel to highly successful ‘Singam’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' filmmaker Damien Chazelle becomes youngest director to win academy
- Production of 'Jurassic World 2' officially begins
- Andrew Lincoln excited about 'Love Actually' sequel
- Oscars 2017: Asghar Farhadi's ‘The Salesman’ wins Best Foreign Language Film
- Oscars 2017: Jimmy Kimmel cracks Trump jokes as 89th Academy Awards