Won`t be overshadowed by Priyanka Chopra: Darshan Kumar
Mumbai: Darshan Kumar is a debutante and he is sharing the screen space with none other than Priyanka Chopra as her on-screen husband in his debut movie `Mary Kom`. But he is confident to get noticed due to the importance of his character in the biopic.
Directed by Omung Kumar, the film on the Olympic bronze medallist boxer M.C. Mary Kom sees Priyanka in the title role. It is scheduled for a Sep 5 release.
Talking about his visibility in the movie, Darshan Kumar said: "I don`t think I will be overshadowed by Priyanka Chopra."
"Whatever Mary Kom has achieved in her life, her husband has a huge contribution in that. Her husband`s journey is equally important. I am more than happy to share the screen space with the National Award winning actress Priyanka Chopra," he added.
Darshan, a Delhiite, didn`t have any film background, but his passion for acting spurred him on to take the plunge.
He said: "I don`t have any filmy connection or any filmy backup. My parents are eagerly waiting to see me on the screen. I have done theatre and learned acting under Naseeruddin Shah`s guidance."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!