`Harry Potter` book covers get new look for 15th anniversary
Washington: Harry Potter’s publisher Scholastic has revealed the new cover for ‘Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.’
Seven new book covers will appear on US paperback editions of the books beginning in September to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the publication of the first book in the series, CBS News reported.
The art for the new editions was created by artist Kazu Kibuishi, who is a “longtime Harry Potter fan,” called the opportunity to create new covers for the books “more than a little surreal.”
Each of Kibushi’s seven new covers depicts “a distinct and memorable moment” from that specific novel.
In case of ‘Sorcerer’s Stone,’ that moment is young Harry Potter walking with Hagrid down Diagon Alley.”
Scholastic said that the original art for the series, created by Marie GrandPre, will still feature on the US hardcover and mass-market paperback editions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'