`Rare` 9th century Hebrew text predates oldest Jewish prayer book scroll
Washington: Scholars have called a rare Hebrew text that dates back to the 9th century, the earliest known Jewish prayer book that predates the world`s oldest Torah scroll.
The 50-page book is written in an archaic form of Hebrew, on pages of aged parchment, and is 4.3 inches tall and about 4 inches wide, Discovery News reported.
The Hebrew text features 100 Jewish blessings and has subjects like the apocalyptic tale of the End Times and the Passover Seder written on it.
Carbon testing has dated the prayer book to the year 840, about 300 to 400 years before the oldest known Torah scroll from the 12th and 13th centuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside