A Book on movies that changed celebs' lives!
New York, Nov 16: A new book has revealed how celebrities have had their lives changed by watching a particular movie, while others just remember the movie for its sex, nudity and power.
The survey, on the stars and their most memorable movies, done by Robert Hofler was penned down in a book titled "Variety`s `The Movie That Changed My Life`," and produced by Da Capo Press in March.
First at the top was Canadian actor Seth Rogen, who found the characters in the movie `Clerks` similar to those in his real life.
"It was the first movie I saw where the characters were talking like me and my friends . . . about `Star Wars` and [oral sex] and what have you," the New York Post quoted him as saying.
Next was American comedian Steve Carell, who first viewed a naked woman`s breast in `Ryan`s Daughter`.
"It was the first naked woman`s breast I ever saw, and that completely changed my life," he said.
American actress Anne Hathaway had her first sexual surprise in `Pretty Woman`.
"When I was 17 . . . I [realized], `Oh my God, she`s giving him a [bleep] in that scene`," she exclaimed.
For stand-up comedian Bill Maher the brutal killing of his favourite actress `Where the Boys Are` got to him.
"I had a [bleep] for [Yvette Mimieux]. She`s crossing the highway and gets hit by a car, because the girl who [bleeps] has to be killed. Cut down like a slaughtered pig!" he said.
Comedian Kathy Griffin wanted to boss people around when she saw `Working Girl`.
"I wanted to be Sigourney Weaver, the boss who orders people around," she said.
American fashion consultant Tim Gunn found `Blow-Up` to be a highly sexual movie.
"It`s an incredible fashion movie, one that is 9.8 on the sexual Richter scale," he stated.
American actor Jack Nicholson remembered Marlon Brando``s movie `On the Waterfront` as he had seen it 12 or 15 times.
"I was an assistant manager in the theatre in New Jersey when it played, so I probably saw it 12 or 15 times. One thing I knew is that I wasn`t going to imitate Marlon Brando or I wouldn``t go anywhere," he revealed.
For actor Robert Downey Jr., the movie `The Bad News Bears` got him off.
"It`s about a bunch of weirdos winning, and I really got off on that," he admitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Witness woman power in full glory in 'Housefull 3'! Watch video
- Karan-Bipasha to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya