Actress Celia Imrie writing debut novel
London: Actress Celia Imrie is adding novelist to her resume after starting her first work of fiction.
The `Bridget Jones`s Diary` star released her autobiography, The Happy Hoofer, in 2011 and she is now branching out as a writer, reported Daily Star.
"I am writing my first novel, set in the south of France, which I am very excited about. I am halfway through it now. It is English people who go to live in the south of France thinking they`re going to have a sort of new life, which isn`t necessarily (the case)," Imrie said.
Imrie said she is working on the novel in France.
"It`s a terribly good excuse to go over there. I chose it on purpose," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside