After Karnad, Taslima Nasreen slams Naipaul; calls him ‘worthless dumbo’
New Delhi: When the issue is pertaining to authors and Islam, how can controversial author Taslima Nasreen not express her opinion?
The Bangladeshi author took to Twitter on Saturday to support Girish Karnad and blasted Nobel Laureate VS Naipaul and even called him a “worthless dumbo.”
The author who is on an exile in Denmark after a fatwa was issued in Bangladesh against her tweeted, “So many worthless dumbos got Nobel prize. #Nobel #Naipaul(sic).”
The author also supported Girish Karnad’s statement on Naipaul being ‘tone-deaf’ and tweeted, “Girish Karnad is right, Naipaul is tone-deaf, wrote nothing about Indian music in his big books on India. Naipaul is a mean Islamophobe writer (sic)”
Yesterday Playwright Girish Karnad had questioned the orgainsers of Mumbai Lit Fest for honouring Naipaul with the Lifetime Achievemnet award and called the award winning author anti-Muslim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif's 'Jagga Jasoos' release delayed? Anurag Basu spills the beans
- Akshay Kumar shares favourite deleted scene from 'Jolly LL.B 2' - Watch
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- 'Rangoon' a competition among Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Kangana Ranaut: Kareena
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!