Anne Rice wins International Thriller Writers lifetime achievement award
New Delhi: Check out the list of winners for some chilling summer season reading, including the best debut, young adult novel, paperback, e-book and short story.
The 2013 Thriller Awards, held over the weekend, saw Anne Rice named ThrillerMaster, while debut effort "The 500" from Matthew
Quirk won Best First Novel and CJ Lyons`s "Blind Faith" was deemed "Best e-Book Original Novel."
Anne Rice is best-known for her "Vampire Chronicles" series but has also addressed spiritual topics, and returned to fiction with "The Wolf Gift Chronicles," starting with "The Wolf Gift" in 2012, and whose second entry, "The Wolves of Midwinter," is due October this year.
The Thriller Writers` Silver Bullet awards are not in fact part of an annual hitlist for werewolf hunters, but a recognition of contribution to the advancement of literacy, this year going to Steve Berry, author of the "Cotton Malone" series of historical conspiracy novels, and the United Service Organization, with which the International Thriller Writers has previously partnered for various international tours.
Voracious readers will want to check out the Thriller Writers` website for a full rundown of finalists in each category.
2013 Thriller Award Winners
Best Hardcover Novel: "Spilled Blood" by Brian Freeman
Best Paperback Original Novel: "Lake Country" by Sean Doolittle
Best First Novel: "The 500" by Matthew Quirk
Best E-Book Original Novel: "Blind Faith" by CJ Lyons
Best Young Adult Novel: "False Memory" by Dan Krokos
Best Short Story: "Lost Things" by John Rector
ThrillerMaster: Anne Rice, in recognition of her legendary career and outstanding contributions to the thriller genre
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!