Anupam Kher urges fans to `stay positive in adversity` at literature fest
Dubai: Anupam Kher impressed his Dubai fans with laughter and his candid and unscripted take on life during the Emirates Airline Festival of Literature on Saturday.
The Indian actor turned author, who has penned his own highs and lows in his book ` The Best Thing About You is You!` urged the audience to stay positive in adversity, Gulf News reported.
Kher`s book talks about how failure`s can be converted into blessings in disguise if met with positive reaction and outlook.
The 58-year-old, who has over 450 films to his credit and is best known to Westerners for his role in Bend it Like Beckham and Bride and Prejudice, also shared his personal anecdotes in his very own witty yet philosophical style.
Kher said that success is boring but failure teaches us millions of things.
He urged the audience to be comfortable with themselves, without fearing about what others will think.
Kher also recalled how his school teacher was discouraging but he eventually persevered.
He said that there was nothing special and extraordinary about him and so he wanted to act to stand out as he was good at mimicking people.
The ` Saaransh ` star revealed for the first time that his new book would be based on the times he shared with his father, who died over a year ago and on his deathbed told him to "live life" as his last words.
Kher also shared some insights into stage acting, mentioning how he used to think about loved ones to make himself cry for emotional scenes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!