AR Rahman slams the writer of his unauthorised biography
Mumbai, June 10: Success comes at a price and it seems, to have cost AR Rahman his much-treasured privacy. The Mozart of Madras, who has the world grooving to his winning anthem ‘Jai Ho’ from Oscar favourite ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, is a peeved man these days and it’s all owing to the unending media glare and notorious individuals trying to cash on the reticent musicians’ success.
After several political parties used or rather abused his creation ‘Jai ho’ for their own political vendetta, it’s the musician’s much anticipated ‘authorised biography’ that is giving him sleepless nights.
The book titled ‘AR Rahman: The Musical Storm’ had been widely publicised as the singer’s biography and has made numerous headlines for being the singer’s only biography till date. But according to Rahman, the so-called ‘authorised biography’ is completely unauthorised as the writer Kamini Mathai has not received his consent.
Speaking to media a visibly piqued Rahman said, “The claim that it’s an authorised biography is wrong."
The singer is reportedly not amused by this cheap stunt used by the involved individuals to capitalise on his success.
A news daily even quoted a source as saying, “Though Rahman is oblivious to the outside world and doesn’t understand the commercial aspects of his superstardom, he isn’t oblivious to the ‘Cash in on Rahman’ factory that flourishes far and wide.”
And for a maestro, who is known for his originality, Rahman will be writing his own biography thereby, giving a first hand account of his life.
Now, that’s a read we are all looking forward too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preity Zinta-Gene Goodenough set to throw grand reception—Details inside!
- Interesting! Which Greek goddess were you in past life?
- 'Daddy's lil girl' Priyanka Chopra moved by a video clip shared by fan!
- Check out: Sexiest FHM covers featuring Bollywood hotties
- OMG! Malaika Arora Khan to be replaced on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' by THIS actress?
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother