Archie Comics get first ever hardcore horror makeover
Melbourne: Archie comics is veering into hardcore horror, as the latest series `Afterlife With Archie ` will be carrying the comics` first ever horror title.
The series, which is written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, will carry a rating for teens and older people and will be sold only in US comic shops, News.com.au reported.
The horror series will see Archie, Betty, Jughead, Veronica and others, including Sabrina the Teenage Witch, being enveloped in an array of incantations, elder gods, zombies and the undead.
Aguirre-Sacasa said that it is going to be a hardcore horror book, and has melded his personal horror obsession as one of the influences for the series.
The monthly series, which is illustrated by Francesco Francavilla, will feature dark, ominous illustrations boasting artistic nooks and crannies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!