Archie Comics get first ever hardcore horror makeover
Melbourne: Archie comics is veering into hardcore horror, as the latest series `Afterlife With Archie ` will be carrying the comics` first ever horror title.
The series, which is written by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, will carry a rating for teens and older people and will be sold only in US comic shops, News.com.au reported.
The horror series will see Archie, Betty, Jughead, Veronica and others, including Sabrina the Teenage Witch, being enveloped in an array of incantations, elder gods, zombies and the undead.
Aguirre-Sacasa said that it is going to be a hardcore horror book, and has melded his personal horror obsession as one of the influences for the series.
The monthly series, which is illustrated by Francesco Francavilla, will feature dark, ominous illustrations boasting artistic nooks and crannies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Banned New Zealand book to hit US shelves
- Non-conformity Zindabad! The poetic protesters of Pakistan
- 'Family Secrets: The Khan Family Cookbook': Food binds the large Khan family together
- Gut feeling: Have probiotics for improving brain functions
- 'Independence Day: Resurgence' to get comic book prequel