Author Jenny Colgan`s book named `Romantic Novel of the Year`
London: Jenny Colgan`s 2012 book `Welcome to Rosie Hopkins` Sweetshop of Dreams` has won the romantic novel of the year award.
According to the Romantic Novelists Association, it was a close competition, but the British author had won "by a nose" because of her "impeccable plotting and structure," the BBC reported.
The RNA judges also praised the "element of surprise" in the book while describing it as "unusual in a romantic novel".
Colgan`s novel won over four other titles, all of which were named winners of individual categories in March.
They included Mhairi McFarlane`s You Had Me At Hello, winner in the contemporary category, and Charlotte Betts` The Apothecary`s Daughter, adjudged this year`s best historical romantic novel.
Colgan, whose work came top in the romantic comedy category, said that she wrote the book in tribute to the sweetshops of her childhood and the works of James Herriot.
Her other books include Amanda`s Wedding and Talking to Addison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shopping for children? Here are some essential dos and don'ts
- Box Office report: Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest grosser of 2016
- Producers Guild not to work with Pakistani artistes in future, MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray, Karan Johar meet Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Here's what Farhan Akhtar has to say
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore
- Twinkle Khanna announces new book titled ‘The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad’
- Mind Over Money – A book that will help you live a more meaningful life
- New comic book biography for the Beatles legend John Lennon!