Author Jenny Colgan`s book named `Romantic Novel of the Year`
London: Jenny Colgan`s 2012 book `Welcome to Rosie Hopkins` Sweetshop of Dreams` has won the romantic novel of the year award.
According to the Romantic Novelists Association, it was a close competition, but the British author had won "by a nose" because of her "impeccable plotting and structure," the BBC reported.
The RNA judges also praised the "element of surprise" in the book while describing it as "unusual in a romantic novel".
Colgan`s novel won over four other titles, all of which were named winners of individual categories in March.
They included Mhairi McFarlane`s You Had Me At Hello, winner in the contemporary category, and Charlotte Betts` The Apothecary`s Daughter, adjudged this year`s best historical romantic novel.
Colgan, whose work came top in the romantic comedy category, said that she wrote the book in tribute to the sweetshops of her childhood and the works of James Herriot.
Her other books include Amanda`s Wedding and Talking to Addison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!