Author Jenny Colgan`s book named `Romantic Novel of the Year`
London: Jenny Colgan`s 2012 book `Welcome to Rosie Hopkins` Sweetshop of Dreams` has won the romantic novel of the year award.
According to the Romantic Novelists Association, it was a close competition, but the British author had won "by a nose" because of her "impeccable plotting and structure," the BBC reported.
The RNA judges also praised the "element of surprise" in the book while describing it as "unusual in a romantic novel".
Colgan`s novel won over four other titles, all of which were named winners of individual categories in March.
They included Mhairi McFarlane`s You Had Me At Hello, winner in the contemporary category, and Charlotte Betts` The Apothecary`s Daughter, adjudged this year`s best historical romantic novel.
Colgan, whose work came top in the romantic comedy category, said that she wrote the book in tribute to the sweetshops of her childhood and the works of James Herriot.
Her other books include Amanda`s Wedding and Talking to Addison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia my inspiration for doing 'Shaandaar': Shahid
- Raksha Bandhan: The crazy video by Akshay Kumar with sister will leave you in splits!
- Alia Bhatt will never make 'first move' in relationships
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Newlyweds Shahid-Mira make fashion debut at Masaba's LFW show