Author Stephen King intrigued by Indian cinema
Mumbai: Celebrated American author Stephen King, best known for his books based on suspense and the supernatural, is a fan of Indian films.
"I am very interested in Indian cinema. I have never seen any but I have read lot about the film music. There`s this book I read called ‘A Suitable Boy’ by Vikram Seth. He wrote some very funny things about Indian cinema and people. I would love to see a couple of films," King said in a statement.
King`s best-selling book `Under the Dome` has been adapted into a drama series and he feels that the show is a welcome change for television.
"I think `Under the Dome` is going to be rivetting TV. That is what we are really trying to do, we are trying to make a show where people become really involved with the fates of the characters, really asking themselves what`s gonna happen next," he said.
`Under The Dome` tells the story of residents in a small town which suddenly finds itself cut off from the world by a huge dome.
The show is all set to premiere in India on June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!
- Rakhi Sawant advises Sunny Leone to wear full clothes