Beijing 2013 Book Fair to host 650 publishers
Beijing: The 2013 Beijing Book Fair will open on Jan 11, featuring 500,000 books by over 650 publishers, including more than 60 overseas publishers including from India.
More than 3,500 book stores and government procurement agencies from both home and abroad will also attend the fair, reported Xinhua.
Nearly 40 purchasers are from outside the Chinese mainland, including the US, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, Canada, India, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
The fair will be staged in a exhibition venue of 50,410 square meters in the China International Exhibition Center.
According to the fair`s organizer, 2,350 exhibition booths have so far been reserved, and the 2013 Fair will for the first time provide retail services, and sell second-hand books on discount.
Beijing Book Fair, supervised by the general administration of press and publications, is organized by Publishers Association of China and the Books and Periodicals Distribution Association of China. The 2013 Beijing Book Fair will be the 25th of its kind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Birthday special: Top 10 Lata Mangeshkar's compositions that will make you fall in love again!
- Zindagi channel set to launch new primetime shows starting October 3! Details inside
- Noted Tamil lyricist Annamalai dies at 49
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside