Book on election surveys launched in Delhi
New Delhi: A book that promises to enhance the understanding of how election surveys are conducted in India was launched here Wednesday.
‘Measuring voting behaviour in India’ has been authored by Sanjay Kumar and Praveen Rai. The 175-page book has been published by Sage and is priced at Rs.350.
However, the authors have made sure that the book isn`t just a collection of statistics and numbers and have tried to make it "as interesting as possible".
"Books of research surveys often do not offer interesting reading but we have tried our best to make this book as interesting as possible," Kumar told said.
The book has eight chapters that cover several topics like the history of election surveys, how they are conducted, designing of questionnaire, sample size and the critical process of estimating vote share and converting them into seats.
According to Kumar, the book has personal experiences of field officers for the fun factor.
"There have been many election surveys in the last decade in the country and many of them were wrong in their forecast ... This book has the answers on how to efficiently carry out a survey," said Rai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya chills with Aaradhya, Shweta—See pic shared by Amitabh Bachchan!
- Anushka Sharma flexes muscles for ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan: See Pics
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Promise Day' with these 'vows'!
- Kapoor and Sons: Meet the adorably crazy family – Watch trailer if you missed it
- Johnny Depp stars in fake Trump biopic
- 'Baahubali' to be launched as graphic novel: S S Rajamouli
- Divya Dutta to pen book on her mother
- 'Being Salman' Book Review: Bollywood's most misunderstood actor
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Essel Group chairman Dr Subhash Chandra’s autobiography to be launched
- Shatrughan honest about 'baharwali' in biography