Books help Ronnie Wood stay sober
London: Singer Ronnie Wood says he reads a set of five "affirmation" books to stay sober and to control his urge to consume alcohol.
The 66-year-old, who was an alcoholic, has been sober since the past four years. The books that he reads are published by US treatment centre Hazelden, reports contactmusic.com.
"They`re little affirmation books, I swear by them. They`re daily diaries of people through the years, putting their experience down, how they`ve managed to get by in a new way of living without alcohol and drugs," the Sunday Times magazine quoted Wood as saying.
The books give him relief.
"There may be a quote from Tolstoy or John Lennon or whoever it may be. They just give you a little wake-up call," he added.
He says he doesn`t get bored of reading the books over and over again.
"If I feel really awful one day and think, `Oh f**k it all`, they hit exactly the mood and give you a way out of it. It`s the same books every year, but they take on a totally different meaning," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!
- Ranbir Kapoor clicks with Akshay Kumar at the book launch of Twinkle Khanna's 'The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad'