Brooke Shields to tell-all on mother in book
New York: Actress Brooke Shields is dishing details from an upcoming as-yet-untitled book about her relationship with her mother Teri.
Her late mother was one of the most famous momagers, reportedly. "The reason I wanted to write the book is not to say: `You didn`t understand: She was the best mother in the world`," Shields said.
"I`m not holding her up on a pedestal, nor am I painting her as a villain or a victim," she added.
Teri courted controversy from the beginning when Shields was cast at 12 as a prostitute in the 1978 film "Pretty Baby", and a series of controversial Calvin Klein jeans ads at 14 that catapulted her career.
"You know what`s so funny about a lot of the things that they were pushing back on her for? Those things were the least of my worries. I was exploited? I was in school full time... Seriously, the opportunities I had... I wasn`t worried about what they were saying," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution