Brooke Shields to tell-all on mother in book
New York: Actress Brooke Shields is dishing details from an upcoming as-yet-untitled book about her relationship with her mother Teri.
Her late mother was one of the most famous momagers, reportedly. "The reason I wanted to write the book is not to say: `You didn`t understand: She was the best mother in the world`," Shields said.
"I`m not holding her up on a pedestal, nor am I painting her as a villain or a victim," she added.
Teri courted controversy from the beginning when Shields was cast at 12 as a prostitute in the 1978 film "Pretty Baby", and a series of controversial Calvin Klein jeans ads at 14 that catapulted her career.
"You know what`s so funny about a lot of the things that they were pushing back on her for? Those things were the least of my worries. I was exploited? I was in school full time... Seriously, the opportunities I had... I wasn`t worried about what they were saying," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore