Children`s book by Gulzar launched
New Delhi: Noted lyricist-writer-filmmaker Gulzar`s new children`s book ‘Bosky Ka Panchatantra’ was launched here at the ongoing Samanvay IHC Indian Languages Festival.
"When she (Bosky) was small, I would tell her these stories. These stories have always stayed with me because writing and narrating stories to a child is no less than a challenge," Gulzar told the audience Friday.
"To learn children`s language is a challenging task. As the generation changes, language too changes. This book is also an attempt to bring children closer to the Hindi language," he added.
The collection comprises stories from Panchatantra, even though they have been read and told many times before, Gulzar lends lyrical freshness in narration.
In the past, he penned dialogues and songs for several Doordarshan programmes for kids like ‘The Jungle Book’, ‘Alice in Wonderland’, ‘Guchche’ and ‘Potli Baba Ki’.
Gulzar shared the stage with eminent Hindi poet Kedarnath Singh and together they recited some of their finest poems.
The septuagenarian, who is a Sahitya Akademi award recipient, pointed out that a language can never be static.
"I have seen changes in the language for decades now. How influences of other languages changes, alters its shape. This is why I don`t like to say that my language is Hindi or Urdu, I call it `Hindustani` because it changes its structure with every city," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tusshar Kapoor shares son Laksshya's throwback video and it's adorable enough to melt your heart!
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif's 'Jagga Jasoos' release delayed? Anurag Basu spills the beans
- Akshay Kumar shares favourite deleted scene from 'Jolly LL.B 2' - Watch
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- 'Rangoon' a competition among Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Kangana Ranaut: Kareena
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!