Cormac McCarthy receives PEN award
New York, May 05: Pulitzer Prize winner Cormac McCarthy has received another literary honor.
The author of "The Road," "All the Pretty Horses" and several other novels was named the winner Monday of the PEN/Saul Bellow Award for lifetime achievement in American fiction. The prize is worth $25,000.
The PEN American Center, the US chapter of the international writers organization, announced several other honors, including a nonfiction award for Steve Coll`s "The Bid Ladens" and citations to Nobel laureate Nadine Gordimer, Ha Jin and 18 other authors for excellence in short fiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution