Cormac McCarthy receives PEN award
New York, May 05: Pulitzer Prize winner Cormac McCarthy has received another literary honor.
The author of "The Road," "All the Pretty Horses" and several other novels was named the winner Monday of the PEN/Saul Bellow Award for lifetime achievement in American fiction. The prize is worth $25,000.
The PEN American Center, the US chapter of the international writers organization, announced several other honors, including a nonfiction award for Steve Coll`s "The Bid Ladens" and citations to Nobel laureate Nadine Gordimer, Ha Jin and 18 other authors for excellence in short fiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor
- 'Baahubali' to be launched as graphic novel: S S Rajamouli
- Divya Dutta to pen book on her mother
- 'Being Salman' Book Review: Bollywood's most misunderstood actor
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Essel Group chairman Dr Subhash Chandra’s autobiography to be launched
- Shatrughan honest about 'baharwali' in biography