DC Comics celebrates Batman Day
Madrid: US publisher DC Comics Wednesday celebrated "Batman Day" with a free special edition, coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the dark knight`s first appearance.
A special issue of "Detective Comic #27", updated by Chip Kidd and Brad Melzer, would be handed free to Batman fans in specialised stores and bookshops across the world, the publishing firm said on its website.
Along with the issue, DC Comics will also give away bookmarks with images of the caped crusader and four masks designed by artist Ryan Sook to mark the four main periods of the character.
Sook has taken as a model the mask that was created in 1939 by Bob Kane, another imitating actor Brad Meltzer in the television series aired in 1966, the third appearing in "The Dark Knight Returns” (created by Frank Miller) and the fourth drawn by Greg Capullo in "DC Comics-The New 52".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!