DC Comics celebrates Batman Day
Madrid: US publisher DC Comics Wednesday celebrated "Batman Day" with a free special edition, coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the dark knight`s first appearance.
A special issue of "Detective Comic #27", updated by Chip Kidd and Brad Melzer, would be handed free to Batman fans in specialised stores and bookshops across the world, the publishing firm said on its website.
Along with the issue, DC Comics will also give away bookmarks with images of the caped crusader and four masks designed by artist Ryan Sook to mark the four main periods of the character.
Sook has taken as a model the mask that was created in 1939 by Bob Kane, another imitating actor Brad Meltzer in the television series aired in 1966, the third appearing in "The Dark Knight Returns” (created by Frank Miller) and the fourth drawn by Greg Capullo in "DC Comics-The New 52".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Get rid of clichés and make a glitzy style statement this Diwali
- Here's what Bollywood stars have to say about Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Salman Khan's bodyguard Shera booked in assault case
- Diwali 2016: Time for special beauty care
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore