Diplomat Abhay K wins SAARC prize
New Delhi: Diplomat and poet Abhay K has been awarded the SAARC Literature Award for his contribution to contemporary South Asian poetry.
The award was presented at the just-concluded SAARC Festival of Literature 2013 in Taj city Agra.
The poet, who had been posted in Moscow and is now in Kathmandu, has authored eight books including five anthologies of poetry – ‘Enigmatic Love’ (2009), ‘Fallen Leaves of Autumn (2010)’, ‘Candling the Light (2011)’, ‘Remains (2012)’ and ‘Seduction of Delhi’.
Born in Nalanda district of Bihar in India in 1980, he studied at the Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Moscow State University and the George Washington University. He joined the Indian Foreign Service 2003.
Image courtesy: abhayk.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing