Diplomat Abhay K wins SAARC prize
New Delhi: Diplomat and poet Abhay K has been awarded the SAARC Literature Award for his contribution to contemporary South Asian poetry.
The award was presented at the just-concluded SAARC Festival of Literature 2013 in Taj city Agra.
The poet, who had been posted in Moscow and is now in Kathmandu, has authored eight books including five anthologies of poetry – ‘Enigmatic Love’ (2009), ‘Fallen Leaves of Autumn (2010)’, ‘Candling the Light (2011)’, ‘Remains (2012)’ and ‘Seduction of Delhi’.
Born in Nalanda district of Bihar in India in 1980, he studied at the Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Moscow State University and the George Washington University. He joined the Indian Foreign Service 2003.
Image courtesy: abhayk.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Preity Zinta shares keys to happiness - Here’s more about it
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!