Diplomat Abhay K wins SAARC prize
New Delhi: Diplomat and poet Abhay K has been awarded the SAARC Literature Award for his contribution to contemporary South Asian poetry.
The award was presented at the just-concluded SAARC Festival of Literature 2013 in Taj city Agra.
The poet, who had been posted in Moscow and is now in Kathmandu, has authored eight books including five anthologies of poetry – ‘Enigmatic Love’ (2009), ‘Fallen Leaves of Autumn (2010)’, ‘Candling the Light (2011)’, ‘Remains (2012)’ and ‘Seduction of Delhi’.
Born in Nalanda district of Bihar in India in 1980, he studied at the Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Moscow State University and the George Washington University. He joined the Indian Foreign Service 2003.
Image courtesy: abhayk.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution