Elvis Presley pleaded ex-wife to take him back, reveals book
London: `King of Rock and Roll` Elvis Presley begged his former wife Priscilla to take him back just weeks before his death, a new book has revealed.
Author Shirley Dieu, a long-time girlfriend of the late icon`s former road manager and confidant Joe Esposito, recounts the story in her book `Memphis Mafia Princess: Living In The Elvis World`.
Dieu, who interviewed Priscilla, says she she met Presley in July 1977, four years after their divorce. Presley died on August 16, same year, suggest reports.
"I`m miserable. I want my family back. I miss the family times we all had. Lisa needs her mom and dad together," Presley had told Priscilla, according to the book.
He also told Priscilla he had no intention of marrying his new fiancee, 20-year-old Ginger Alden, who was devastated to discover she did not figure in his will after his death on August 16, Dieu wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities on his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Woohoo! Indian-American Akhil Sharma wins €100,000 Dublin International literary award
- The Literary Express: How trains carried forward
- JK Rowling asks fans to keep Harry Potter play plot a secret
- ‘Crossed & Knotted’ by Readomania ENTERS Limca Book Of Records!
- Naseeruddin Shah wants to write tell-all book on Bollywood