Elvis Presley pleaded ex-wife to take him back, reveals book
London: `King of Rock and Roll` Elvis Presley begged his former wife Priscilla to take him back just weeks before his death, a new book has revealed.
Author Shirley Dieu, a long-time girlfriend of the late icon`s former road manager and confidant Joe Esposito, recounts the story in her book `Memphis Mafia Princess: Living In The Elvis World`.
Dieu, who interviewed Priscilla, says she she met Presley in July 1977, four years after their divorce. Presley died on August 16, same year, suggest reports.
"I`m miserable. I want my family back. I miss the family times we all had. Lisa needs her mom and dad together," Presley had told Priscilla, according to the book.
He also told Priscilla he had no intention of marrying his new fiancee, 20-year-old Ginger Alden, who was devastated to discover she did not figure in his will after his death on August 16, Dieu wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?
- Dhanteras 2016: Happy Dhanatrayodashi WhatsApp messages, SMS for your friends and family
- Katrina Kaif feels Indian male directors are open to emotions
- Ajay Devgn criticises his own dancing style
- Diwali 2016: Save time and renovate your homes online
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore