Elvis Presley pleaded ex-wife to take him back, reveals book
London: `King of Rock and Roll` Elvis Presley begged his former wife Priscilla to take him back just weeks before his death, a new book has revealed.
Author Shirley Dieu, a long-time girlfriend of the late icon`s former road manager and confidant Joe Esposito, recounts the story in her book `Memphis Mafia Princess: Living In The Elvis World`.
Dieu, who interviewed Priscilla, says she she met Presley in July 1977, four years after their divorce. Presley died on August 16, same year, suggest reports.
"I`m miserable. I want my family back. I miss the family times we all had. Lisa needs her mom and dad together," Presley had told Priscilla, according to the book.
He also told Priscilla he had no intention of marrying his new fiancee, 20-year-old Ginger Alden, who was devastated to discover she did not figure in his will after his death on August 16, Dieu wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!