Eminent Bengali author Shaktipada Rajguru no more
Kolkata: Renowned Bengali author and screenplay writer Shaktipada Rajguru passed away Thursday due to age-related sickness, family sources said.
Rajguru, 92, breathed his last at a city nursing home. Honoured with the Bibhutibhushan award, Rajguru penned over 100 novels and had several of his works adapted into films, including the Ritwik Ghatak directed classic "Meghe Dhaka Tara" (The Cloud-Capped Star) and the Uttam Kumar-Sharmila Tagore starrer "Amanush".
His novel Anusandhan took screen adaptation of "Barsaat Ki Ek Raat", featuring Amitabh Bachchan and Raakhee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lionsgate picks up rights to 'The Kingkiller Chronicle' books
- Banned New Zealand book to hit US shelves
- Non-conformity Zindabad! The poetic protesters of Pakistan
- 'Family Secrets: The Khan Family Cookbook': Food binds the large Khan family together
- Gut feeling: Have probiotics for improving brain functions