Farhan Akhtar launches book on vegetarian recipes in Mumbai
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar launched Chef Vicky Ratnani`s book ` Vicky Goes Veg`, a collection of vegetarian recipes, in Mumbai on Thursday.
Unveiling the book, Akhtar said: "The fact is that being a non-vegetarian - is it only (about) eating meat? The book is about only eating vegetables. I think that is what it is. So, this book is as useful to me as it is for a vegetarian."
Chef Ratnani said: "The response was so good but the audience said that on television the recipes are shown very fast so we need something to be documented. So, I included 60 recipes out of the 160 recipes shown on TV and this is the first volume of the book."
Bollywood celebrities, including Mehr Rampal, Maria Goretti, Mandira Bedi and Abhishek Kapoor were among those present for the book launch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Brad Pitt child abuse case: Investigation extends due to new accusation
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore