Farhan Akhtar launches book on vegetarian recipes in Mumbai
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Farhan Akhtar launched Chef Vicky Ratnani`s book ` Vicky Goes Veg`, a collection of vegetarian recipes, in Mumbai on Thursday.
Unveiling the book, Akhtar said: "The fact is that being a non-vegetarian - is it only (about) eating meat? The book is about only eating vegetables. I think that is what it is. So, this book is as useful to me as it is for a vegetarian."
Chef Ratnani said: "The response was so good but the audience said that on television the recipes are shown very fast so we need something to be documented. So, I included 60 recipes out of the 160 recipes shown on TV and this is the first volume of the book."
Bollywood celebrities, including Mehr Rampal, Maria Goretti, Mandira Bedi and Abhishek Kapoor were among those present for the book launch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!