First issue of Superman`s comic book to be auctioned
New York: The original copy of Superman`s 76-year-old first comic `Action Comics` is set to be auctioned.
The comic, published in 1938, was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and told the tale of mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent who used his incredible powers to fight crime under the guise of Superman, reported Rolling Stones.
The comic has been put up on the online site `eBay` for auction.
Although decades old, the comic is reportedly the only known copy with `perfect white` pages and its condition has been graded 9 out of 10 on CGC Universal Grade scale. Its current owner is Darren Adams of Federal Way, Washington.
The auction will start from August 14 and run till August 24. The copy has been estimated to sell for about 3 million dollars.
Part of the proceeds of the auction will go towards the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation. The late Christopher Reeve played the `Man of Steel` in a series of four movies starting in 1978.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!