Free comics on `Free Comic Book Day`
New York, May 02: Comic shops in New York have treated readers by giving away free books to mark the annual Free Comic Book Day.
The day is scheduled on the first Saturday of May after the release of a major theatrical film adaptation of a well-known superhero property for a huge industry-wide promotion.
And this year’s Free Comic Day had been scheduled for May 2 following the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, reports the New York Daily News.
The event had seen 40 specially-printed titles being handed out, including Marvel`s "Wolverine: Origin of an X-Man," Darkhorse`s horror double-issue, "Alien/Predator," and child friendly labels such as "Owly," "DC Kids," "Archie," "Sonic the Hedgehog" and Disney/Pixar`s "Cars."
Fans were offered the chance to make use of sales and meet their favourite creators across 27 comic shops in New York.
Some highlights at the stores included sales up to 50 percent, distributing free comics, having an art exhibition, a live ``Narrative Corpse`` where one artist draws a panel of a comic then passes the pen to the next, a costume contest and an artwork contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!