Free comics on `Free Comic Book Day`
New York, May 02: Comic shops in New York have treated readers by giving away free books to mark the annual Free Comic Book Day.
The day is scheduled on the first Saturday of May after the release of a major theatrical film adaptation of a well-known superhero property for a huge industry-wide promotion.
And this year’s Free Comic Day had been scheduled for May 2 following the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, reports the New York Daily News.
The event had seen 40 specially-printed titles being handed out, including Marvel`s "Wolverine: Origin of an X-Man," Darkhorse`s horror double-issue, "Alien/Predator," and child friendly labels such as "Owly," "DC Kids," "Archie," "Sonic the Hedgehog" and Disney/Pixar`s "Cars."
Fans were offered the chance to make use of sales and meet their favourite creators across 27 comic shops in New York.
Some highlights at the stores included sales up to 50 percent, distributing free comics, having an art exhibition, a live ``Narrative Corpse`` where one artist draws a panel of a comic then passes the pen to the next, a costume contest and an artwork contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution