Free comics on `Free Comic Book Day`
New York, May 02: Comic shops in New York have treated readers by giving away free books to mark the annual Free Comic Book Day.
The day is scheduled on the first Saturday of May after the release of a major theatrical film adaptation of a well-known superhero property for a huge industry-wide promotion.
And this year’s Free Comic Day had been scheduled for May 2 following the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, reports the New York Daily News.
The event had seen 40 specially-printed titles being handed out, including Marvel`s "Wolverine: Origin of an X-Man," Darkhorse`s horror double-issue, "Alien/Predator," and child friendly labels such as "Owly," "DC Kids," "Archie," "Sonic the Hedgehog" and Disney/Pixar`s "Cars."
Fans were offered the chance to make use of sales and meet their favourite creators across 27 comic shops in New York.
Some highlights at the stores included sales up to 50 percent, distributing free comics, having an art exhibition, a live ``Narrative Corpse`` where one artist draws a panel of a comic then passes the pen to the next, a costume contest and an artwork contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan’s Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan in Bollywood: Ban will never be lifted?
- Shahid Kapoor breaks his silence on ‘tiff’ with Ranveer Singh over Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’
- Akshay Kumar’s beautiful 'sandesh for soldiers' will make you smile
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore
- Twinkle Khanna announces new book titled ‘The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad’
- Mind Over Money – A book that will help you live a more meaningful life
- New comic book biography for the Beatles legend John Lennon!