Ghulam Ali comes up with biography
Mumbai: Pakistani Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali comes up with his biography that encapsulates the various ups and downs he experienced in his life.
Titled ‘Ghazal Wizard - Ghulam Ali’, the book has been penned by two Indian writers - Bhavesh Sheth and Sadhana Jejurikar.
"It feels great when a biography comes out. Even if I am not there, people will remember me through the book. It`s a great feeling. There is lot of things in the book which has been revealed from my childhood days till now," said Ghulam Ali, known for all-time hit ghazals "Chupke chupke raat din", "Hungama hai kyon barpa", and "Apni dhun mein".
Ghazal has faded from the music scene, but Ghulam Ali says this is just a temporary change and the genre will come back soon.
"I know future of ghazal is very bright. After a certain point, we will come back to ghazals. This is a temporary change of modern music."
The biography`s foreword is written by Ustad Zakir Hussain and the introduction is by Hariharan.
A music CD will be given free with the book and consists of eight ghazals. Of these, two are sung by Ghulam Ali and rest by co-author Sadhana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' to be launched as graphic novel: S S Rajamouli
- Divya Dutta to pen book on her mother
- 'Being Salman' Book Review: Bollywood's most misunderstood actor
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Essel Group chairman Dr Subhash Chandra’s autobiography to be launched
- Shatrughan honest about 'baharwali' in biography