HarperCollins to bring Jesus` biography to India
New Delhi: HarperCollins India has acquired publishing rights of `Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth`, a controversial biography of Jesus Christ by Muslim author Reza Aslan.
"`Zealot` is history, biography, cultural politics and just sheer beautiful prose, all coming together to make a truly strong narrative that is bound to resonate with readers in the subcontinent. We are thrilled to bring it to India," said a statement from the publication house Saturday.
The book will be available in stores by the last week of September.
The Iran-born scholar was questioned why he wrote a book on the founder of Christianity despite the fact that he is a Muslim.
His interview on a TV channel had sparked a wide public debate in the US about Islamophobia.
`Zealot` challenges long-held assumptions about Jesus. It portrays him as a revolutionary Jewish nationalist who sought to end Roman rule in Palestine on behalf of the poor and marginalised, and not as a messiah who preached peace and finding his kingdom in heaven.
This historical examination, which clashes with Christian beliefs, led to the outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law