HarperCollins to bring Jesus` biography to India
New Delhi: HarperCollins India has acquired publishing rights of `Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth`, a controversial biography of Jesus Christ by Muslim author Reza Aslan.
"`Zealot` is history, biography, cultural politics and just sheer beautiful prose, all coming together to make a truly strong narrative that is bound to resonate with readers in the subcontinent. We are thrilled to bring it to India," said a statement from the publication house Saturday.
The book will be available in stores by the last week of September.
The Iran-born scholar was questioned why he wrote a book on the founder of Christianity despite the fact that he is a Muslim.
His interview on a TV channel had sparked a wide public debate in the US about Islamophobia.
`Zealot` challenges long-held assumptions about Jesus. It portrays him as a revolutionary Jewish nationalist who sought to end Roman rule in Palestine on behalf of the poor and marginalised, and not as a messiah who preached peace and finding his kingdom in heaven.
This historical examination, which clashes with Christian beliefs, led to the outrage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: Priyanka Jagga Muise's message to fans after eviction from show
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore