Haylie Duff turns author, writes cookery book
Los Angeles: Actress-singer Haylie Duff has released her recipe book titled `The Real Girl`s Kitchen`. She says it is inspired by her grandmother.
The 28-year-old got the urge to pen down the recipes after reading through her great-grandmother`s notes and recipes, reports contactmusic.com.
"My dad gave me my great-grandmother`s cookbook... I found so much inspiration in it. It had personal letters from people she had met in her travels and handwritten recipes that were passed down through my family," Duff told America`s Star magazine.
"I found a letter she wrote to a man who was a cafe owner in New Orleans asking how to best prepare the perfect cup of coffee in a French press. And he took the time to write her a very detailed response. I thought it was so wonderful - and that`s what I wanted my book to feel like, that letter," she added.
With stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Stanley Tucci, Trisha Yearwood and Mayim Bialik already in the celebrity chef list, Duff is the latest addition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pakistani actors is extortion, says Ashoke Pandit on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore
- Twinkle Khanna announces new book titled ‘The Legend Of Lakshmi Prasad’
- Mind Over Money – A book that will help you live a more meaningful life
- New comic book biography for the Beatles legend John Lennon!