Haylie Duff turns author, writes cookery book
Los Angeles: Actress-singer Haylie Duff has released her recipe book titled `The Real Girl`s Kitchen`. She says it is inspired by her grandmother.
The 28-year-old got the urge to pen down the recipes after reading through her great-grandmother`s notes and recipes, reports contactmusic.com.
"My dad gave me my great-grandmother`s cookbook... I found so much inspiration in it. It had personal letters from people she had met in her travels and handwritten recipes that were passed down through my family," Duff told America`s Star magazine.
"I found a letter she wrote to a man who was a cafe owner in New Orleans asking how to best prepare the perfect cup of coffee in a French press. And he took the time to write her a very detailed response. I thought it was so wonderful - and that`s what I wanted my book to feel like, that letter," she added.
With stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Stanley Tucci, Trisha Yearwood and Mayim Bialik already in the celebrity chef list, Duff is the latest addition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why Lord Hanuman carries a mountain on his arm! Here's why
- I live every day like it's my last: Ranveer Singh
- Saina Nehwal's dinner date with Deepika Padukone is high on style! Pics inside
- Irrfan Khan to star in 'Life In A Metro' sequel? Here's what we know so far!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra ko 'Baar Baar Dekho' in NEW POSTER!
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution