Haylie Duff turns author, writes cookery book
Los Angeles: Actress-singer Haylie Duff has released her recipe book titled `The Real Girl`s Kitchen`. She says it is inspired by her grandmother.
The 28-year-old got the urge to pen down the recipes after reading through her great-grandmother`s notes and recipes, reports contactmusic.com.
"My dad gave me my great-grandmother`s cookbook... I found so much inspiration in it. It had personal letters from people she had met in her travels and handwritten recipes that were passed down through my family," Duff told America`s Star magazine.
"I found a letter she wrote to a man who was a cafe owner in New Orleans asking how to best prepare the perfect cup of coffee in a French press. And he took the time to write her a very detailed response. I thought it was so wonderful - and that`s what I wanted my book to feel like, that letter," she added.
With stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Stanley Tucci, Trisha Yearwood and Mayim Bialik already in the celebrity chef list, Duff is the latest addition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Mr World Rohit Khandelwal has Bollywood on his wish list
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life