Haylie Duff turns author, writes cookery book
Los Angeles: Actress-singer Haylie Duff has released her recipe book titled `The Real Girl`s Kitchen`. She says it is inspired by her grandmother.
The 28-year-old got the urge to pen down the recipes after reading through her great-grandmother`s notes and recipes, reports contactmusic.com.
"My dad gave me my great-grandmother`s cookbook... I found so much inspiration in it. It had personal letters from people she had met in her travels and handwritten recipes that were passed down through my family," Duff told America`s Star magazine.
"I found a letter she wrote to a man who was a cafe owner in New Orleans asking how to best prepare the perfect cup of coffee in a French press. And he took the time to write her a very detailed response. I thought it was so wonderful - and that`s what I wanted my book to feel like, that letter," she added.
With stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Stanley Tucci, Trisha Yearwood and Mayim Bialik already in the celebrity chef list, Duff is the latest addition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Commando 2' poster: Vidyut Jammwal is blinded by money
- Jackie Chan, Sonu Sood's 'Kung Fu Yoga' trailer is the most action-packed thing you will WATCH today!
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt's biological mother seeks access to her?
- Really inspired by what Deepika, Priyanka are doing: Dev Patel
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!