Heavy footfalls on Delhi Book Fair`s concluding day
New Delhi: The 19th edition of the Delhi Book Fair concluded with huge visitor inflow Saturday, the organisers said.
"The enormous response of the public, especially children and youth, has put the onus back on us to raise the standard of the fair next year," said Federation of Indian Publishers (FIP) president Sudhir Malhotra in a statement.
FIP organised the nine-day business-to-consumer fair in collaboration with the India Trade Promotion Organisation in which around 250 publishers took part.
According to officials, various publications released more than 20 books while many exhibitors said their sales zoomed over 150 percent compared to the last edition.
The 20th edition would be held Aug 23-31, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution