Heavy footfalls on Delhi Book Fair`s concluding day
New Delhi: The 19th edition of the Delhi Book Fair concluded with huge visitor inflow Saturday, the organisers said.
"The enormous response of the public, especially children and youth, has put the onus back on us to raise the standard of the fair next year," said Federation of Indian Publishers (FIP) president Sudhir Malhotra in a statement.
FIP organised the nine-day business-to-consumer fair in collaboration with the India Trade Promotion Organisation in which around 250 publishers took part.
According to officials, various publications released more than 20 books while many exhibitors said their sales zoomed over 150 percent compared to the last edition.
The 20th edition would be held Aug 23-31, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi launches Hamid Ansari's book 'Citizen and Society', says family is India's biggest strength
- Poet behind book about US racism wins 2016 'genius grant'
- Debut novel makes Man Booker Prize shortlist—Check out who all made it!
- Astronaut Scott Kelly's memoir being developed as movie
- ‘One Indian Girl’: Look what Chetan Bhagat has to say – Details inside
- Surgical strikes by Army – Has India changed its policy of strategic restraint towards Pakistan?
- Surgical strikes by Army across LoC: Envoys of different nations, including P5, briefed about India's position
- Video: Listen to press briefing by Indian Army on surgical strikes on terror launch pads across LoC