Heavy footfalls on Delhi Book Fair`s concluding day
New Delhi: The 19th edition of the Delhi Book Fair concluded with huge visitor inflow Saturday, the organisers said.
"The enormous response of the public, especially children and youth, has put the onus back on us to raise the standard of the fair next year," said Federation of Indian Publishers (FIP) president Sudhir Malhotra in a statement.
FIP organised the nine-day business-to-consumer fair in collaboration with the India Trade Promotion Organisation in which around 250 publishers took part.
According to officials, various publications released more than 20 books while many exhibitors said their sales zoomed over 150 percent compared to the last edition.
The 20th edition would be held Aug 23-31, 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- 'What Every Man Thinks About Apart From Sex': Book leaves 'Harry Potter' behind to become bestseller
- Arvind Kejriwal launches Emraan Hashmi's book on son defeating cancer
- Emraan Hashmi son turns 'Iron Man'
- Stamps issued to mark William Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary
- Book to be penned on Kabir Bedi's mother