Hindi version of Mukesh`s biography launched
Noida: Author Amarjit Singh Kohli, who wrote late singer Mukesh`s biography `Mukesh - Golden Voice With a Golden Heart`, launched the Hindi version of the book ahead of the legend`s 37th death anniversary, which is on Tuesday.
Mukesh died in 1976. He was 53.
The original book was in English and it was released in 1985. Journalist-writer Vinod Viplav translated it into Hindi, which is titled `Mukesh - Sunhere Swar Aur Sunhere Dil Ke Maalik`, said a statement.
The book was launched Sunday at the function called Jadu-e-Mukesh, organised jointly by Cultural Societies Karuna Kala Kendra and Sur Sampada.
The launch event was followed by a musical homage to the singer, who gave hits like "Dum dum diga diga", "Dost dost na raha", "Sawan ka mahina", and "Ek pyar ka nagma".
Singers, who came from various parts of the country, belted out one after another hit, while All Rounder Orchestra led by Harish Nadan played the music.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!