India`s first global cartoon character
Mumbai, April 14: Spacetoon India, engaged in the business of children`s television programming and licensing of cartoon characters, today announced the launch of India`s first global cartoon characters Fafa & Juno.
"The Fafa & Juno cartoon characters are created by the in-house team of Kids Media India (KMI) with a clear objective to appeal audiences across all global demographics such as Middle East and South East Asia," Spacetoon-South Asia Managing Director & CEO Rajiv Sangari said here.
Fafa & June caracters were launched by film actress Vidya Balan and the children from the Nanhi Kali Foundation.
The Indian cartoon character industry is estimated at USD 800 million and is growing at 30 per cent per annum, Sangari said.
Spacetoon will promote Fafa & Juno throgh licensing, publication, merchandising, events and animated TV serials.
The Group`s flagship channel, Spacetoon Kids TV reaches over 200 million viewers in 22 countries througout the Middle East and North Africa.
The company has plans to start its kids TV channels in Korea, Iran and Russia.
The Spacetoon channel, which is available free-to-air now, will become pay-channel in th next two year`s time, Sangari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- He has to forgive me someday: Arijit Singh on row with Salman Khan
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!