Indian foodie`s cookbook in line for International award
New Delhi: `On The Kabab Trail` by restauranteur and foodie Manish Gujaral has won the Gourmand Cook Books Award for the best foreign cuisine cookbook in India and is now in line for an international award.
`On The Kebab Trail` will now compete for the international title of the best cook book in the world in the foreign recipe category at the Gourmand world cook book awards in China in May 2014,” Gujral said in a statement.
His second book, “On the Butter Chicken Trail”, won the Gourmand best easy recipe book in the World 2009-2010
“On The Kebab Trail” was released in March and has which has made waves in India. It became a national bestseller with rave reviews in the media.
Gujral is the grandson of the well-known Kundan Lal Gujaral, creator of the famed North Indian Moti Mahal chain of eateries that set tandoori chicken on the food map and also conceived the exemplary Punjabi butter chicken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha, says Sonam Kapoor
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Lily Allen writing a book inspired by Nora Ephron's collection
- Kim Kardashian to update her book of selfies
- Dara Singh's autobiography translated in English, says son
- Book Review: Adolf Hitler's short-lived successor and his contribution