Indian foodie`s cookbook in line for International award
New Delhi: `On The Kabab Trail` by restauranteur and foodie Manish Gujaral has won the Gourmand Cook Books Award for the best foreign cuisine cookbook in India and is now in line for an international award.
`On The Kebab Trail` will now compete for the international title of the best cook book in the world in the foreign recipe category at the Gourmand world cook book awards in China in May 2014,” Gujral said in a statement.
His second book, “On the Butter Chicken Trail”, won the Gourmand best easy recipe book in the World 2009-2010
“On The Kebab Trail” was released in March and has which has made waves in India. It became a national bestseller with rave reviews in the media.
Gujral is the grandson of the well-known Kundan Lal Gujaral, creator of the famed North Indian Moti Mahal chain of eateries that set tandoori chicken on the food map and also conceived the exemplary Punjabi butter chicken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Paul Beatty's 'shocking' and 'unexpectedly funny' novel 'The Sellout' makes him first American to win Man Booker Prize
- Paul Beatty's 'The Sellout' is first US Booker Prize winner
- Jaipur Literature Fest: Swanand Kirkire, Tahmima Anam among speakers at the event
- Nobel Prize 2016: Bob Dylan yet to respond to committee
- Daughters of Jorasanko: The life and times of women who influenced Tagore