Indian foodie`s cookbook in line for International award
New Delhi: `On The Kabab Trail` by restauranteur and foodie Manish Gujaral has won the Gourmand Cook Books Award for the best foreign cuisine cookbook in India and is now in line for an international award.
`On The Kebab Trail` will now compete for the international title of the best cook book in the world in the foreign recipe category at the Gourmand world cook book awards in China in May 2014,” Gujral said in a statement.
His second book, “On the Butter Chicken Trail”, won the Gourmand best easy recipe book in the World 2009-2010
“On The Kebab Trail” was released in March and has which has made waves in India. It became a national bestseller with rave reviews in the media.
Gujral is the grandson of the well-known Kundan Lal Gujaral, creator of the famed North Indian Moti Mahal chain of eateries that set tandoori chicken on the food map and also conceived the exemplary Punjabi butter chicken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- First reprint of Adolf Hitler's 'Mein Kampf' becomes German bestseller: Publisher
- A politically incorrect guide to the world's diverse peoples
- Weekend special: Books you can pick
- Mahavir Singh Phogat's biography to launch ahead of 'Dangal' release!
- Hrithik Roshan asks for his copy of 'The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad'; Twinkle Khanna sends a 'funny' frisbee reply!